Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Meal Planning





First I want to start this post out by saying these are just some tips and such that I have found to help me!
Also, I am not the best at Meal Planning! I have the best of intentions and get started on a meal plan and end up never finishing and go off it very quickly!
I have been doing better each month and one these days I will have it down good! 

On to the Meal Planning Tips we go!!


1. Make a List of Meals You Love
I usually sit down and write up a list of meals my family loves! Those can be Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner!
If you plan to make meals that are loved you will be better at sticking with it!
We have started doing Taco Tuesday in my house so that is a must-have on the list for us!
Also when you are thinking of meals your family loves just scribble them down! No need to try and write it all fancy or come up with sides to go with it and all just yet!



2. Pull Your Recourses Together
The next thing I do is clear off my Dining Room table(you could also do this before you make your list and just work from there from the start), set my laptop up, and pull all my cookbooks and cooking magazines out!
I like to pull recipes from Pinterest and other online sources and also from the cookbooks and magazines I have!
Any new things I want to try from these resources I write down there name and were to find them when I need it for that meal on that day!


3. Make Your Calander Meal Plan
So something like the photo above is great as well as just a plain notebook paper and break down the dates and such!
I write mine down in my planner as well!
Putting the meals down on paper for each day will help allot! 
Make sure you write down sides and all! This helps you not feel lost with just a main dish and then throw it all out the window!


4. Make Your Grocery List
I usually try and look at my pantry and see what I have and then make my list from there!
I shop for a month at one time so I usually have a big list!

BONUS TIP: 
Cut and wash your fruits and veggies when you get home and start putting them up! This helps allot and I have found that I use them much faster so they don't go bad on me!

What are some Meal Planning Tips that you have? Share them with us!

She Is....
   Joanna 

3 comments:

  1. I've got a similar post queued up to publish. We have a pretty similar method. It sure is helpful and relieves the stress of figuring out supper every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried my hand at meal planning so many times and it seems I am just now getting it. Your guide is very simple and easy to follow :) thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great tips. Thank you so much for this information. That is so helpful.

    ReplyDelete

A Lesson On Friendship

If you are alive and breathing at some point in your life you have looked for or had a friendship! Even if you don't have any frie...