Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Fresh: Fruits and Vegetables


I am a big fan of fresh fruits and vegetables! Not only are they healthy for you but they are so much better fresh rather than canned in my opinion! 

Let me share just a few of my favorites and why I like them!

Strawberries:


These are my top favorite fruit! You can do so much with them! From just a snack to smoothies they are the best! My boys love them as well! These are also great to cut and freeze!
If you notice yours are about to go bad I have learned that making them into jam is super good! They are much sweeter right at that almost going out point and work great for jam!
Around here I try and wait till they are in season to buy them! There cheaper then and I find they are fresher!

Avacado:


We eat so many of these in my house! A healthy fat and oh so good for you! I love to slice them and put on salads or on hamburgers! We eat a lot of tacos as well and do allot of guacamole too! 
A tip I just learned not long ago is if you get hard avocados you can put them in a paper bag on the counter for a few days and they will ripen!

Raspberries:


I LOVE these in yogurt! These are so healthy for you and I love the tang they have too! These are also wonderful in jam or even smashed with some sugar heated on the stove them put over waffles!

Carrots:


I love how sweet a cooked carrot is! I love to just roast them with some salt and pepper. I also love to chop them down and add some honey and brown sugar to them!

Here are a few other favorites!


                                              


I can not wait for spring to get here so I can plant a garden this year! The best is fresh from your own garden for sure!

What fruits and vegetables are your favorites to use?

She Is.....
Joanna







No comments:

Post a Comment

A Lesson On Friendship

If you are alive and breathing at some point in your life you have looked for or had a friendship! Even if you don't have any frie...