Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Homemade Granola!



My husband and myself are trying to eat better, we are so bad at eating breakfast and that is something big we are trying to change! Since I am not a morning person I figured it would be best to find some stuff that could be done super fast and easy in the mornings! 
Granola is so good! And it can be used so many ways! So the other night I made my first batch! 
I wanted to share it with y'all too! I will link the original recipe at the end of the post!


The recipe called for chopped almonds but I did sliced!!



I used this local raw honey! A sweet mommy friend of mine does this business with her husband!
Love's Apiary will ship honey too! You can click there name for there Facebook link!

 

Dry Ingredients
  1. 3 cups rolled oats
  2. 1 cup raw almonds, chopped
Wet Ingredients
  1. 1/2 cup raw honey
  2. 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil
  3. 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  4. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract


Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix dry ingredients in a glass baking dish and toast them in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
While the oats are toasting, combine the wet ingredients.
After the oats are toasted (they should be very aromatic), drizzle the honey mixture over the oats. Stir until well combined.
On a baking sheet lined with wax paper form a single layer of the oat mixture.
Place the baking sheet back in the oven and turn the over OFF. this will allow the granola to finish toasting without burning. Let it sit in the oven for 5-8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.


Link to original post!

Please leave a comment with what other recipies you would like to see on the blog!!

She Is...
Joanna



2 comments:

  1. This really looks delicious! I would like to attempt to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow- fantastic, so simple and easy to do. I would love this over Greek yogurt. I might toss in some flax seeds too :)

    ReplyDelete

A Lesson On Friendship

If you are alive and breathing at some point in your life you have looked for or had a friendship! Even if you don't have any frie...